Thursday 8 September 2011

OMG!!! Where is the Talent??

Well to say Im shocked is an understatement, today I looked at some videos of some Drag Queens. I cant believe people pay to watch this for want of a better word crap!!, yes I said crap. Where is the talent?? the stage presence?? The illusion??

For the most part I could not watch these clips all the way through.  One so called performance in particular by Ali Holic1 who halfway through the performance did a semi strip, I mean good lord it was pathetic to watch, we know they are men but we dont need the illusion they are meant to portray shattered.


Bring back the days of true talent. The Days of Carlotta, Loco Minx, Regan Wilde, Zowie  Knox just to name a few. These performers were true performers they had a stage presence that kept you riveted, you left their performances feeling great because you had just watched a great show. The performers from that era had true talent unlike those I viewed today who I  would not pay to see. Im sure there are some with talent out there but those i watched today performing at a Adelaide venue have nothing

From the era of true talent watch these clips. This is what Drag is about and performed by in my opinon some of the best!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR4zGYCKwZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj94DQCxHfk

No comments:

Post a Comment